v1 - "My Shepherd" - personal. If He is truly my shepherd I have to submit my life to Him. He knows my needs better than I do. God is MY Shepherd.


v2-3 - "He leads me" - I have to let Him be in control. I do not get ahead of Him. "Quiet waters" - He takes me to and through peace. He is peace. The peace that passes all understanding (Phil 4:7). "Restores MY soul" - If my soul is His then He is the one breathing life into it. "He guides me" - He does not pick me up and move me. I have to take steps.

v4 - I have to take comfort in Him because I will have to walk through things that cause me pain and discomfort in my journey He is leading me on. The only way that is okay is because He is "MY Shepherd." He is mindful of me.

v6 - What follows you? What follows me? If He is the one leading and guiding me then goodness and mercy should be the only things following me.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Psalm 23"