The picture on the right was taken Tuesday at the sunset. I stepped out on the balcony of the condo and looked to my right on saw that scene. I was hoping to watched the sunset and saw a bunch of clouds. I was disappointed for a couple of minutes and then rays of the sun started breaking through above the clouds. The clouds could not cover the light of the sun. Even on cloudy days the sun still shines. No matter how big the clouds or how many there are they can not stop the sun from shining. No matter whether you can see it or not it is there.


As I stood there and watch the sun break through the clouds I had a thought. The Son is always shining. The power of Jesus is always around us whether we can see it or not. No matter what our circumstances, no matter what we feel, He is always there. In Matthew 28 He says that He is with us always.

One of the things God has been teaching me over the last couple of weeks is about awareness. God's presence is everywhere always. It is not His presence that changes, it is our awareness. There is one thing that I know for certain, whether we are aware of God or not, He is always aware of me.

Sunday, July 25, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Lessons From The Beach - Cloudy Sunsets"