This morning was a little odd for me. I woke up in my bed. Some of you may be scratching your head and asking why that is odd. It is odd because camp season has started and I am not there all week. I spent the day at our campgrounds yesterday helping them get started and hanging out. Last night we slipped out before service was over. It was a little tough for me to be honest with you. I love being there. I love being in that atmosphere but I love being where God has called me to be. I love hanging out with our students and working on things God has challenged me to work on. There for a moment I was torn between two worlds. The world of camp- what it means and has been in my life, and then my world...my reality. That is a dangerous place to live.


So many people live in two worlds. They keep their lives compartmentalized and separate from other areas of their life. Their greatest fear is seeing their two worlds collide. Too often we live one way in one world and another way in the other world. All of a sudden when we begin to wear these masks we lose who we really are. When you live with one foot in one place and the other in another, it is almost impossible to have real authentic relationships with people.

Today, I challenge you to let your worlds collide. I urge you to let your life, your journey be one world. It will be tough and may be painful but the easy thing and the right thing are not always the same thing.

Today, choose to be real and authentic and strive to be a community of love and grace. There may be some hard decisions that you have to make but it is well worth it in the end.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Torn Between Two Worlds"