Its camp time again. This truly is my favorite time of the year. There is something special about this place. There is something special about these people. This place in hollowed ground to me, a sacred place. It is a place of refuge and a sanctuary from reality. It is a place to collect my thoughts and hear from God no matter what is going on in my life. It is my personal Bethel (Genesis 35). I truly believe that everyone needs a Bethel. A safe place. A place set aside for just you and God.


This morning, hundreds of students will flood this place. It will become loud and some of the sacredness may be missed but memories will be made. Life will happen. Then tonight, there will be a moment where everyone in the room realizes why they are here. An altar has been build and a sacrifice has been made and God will honor us with His presence.

I wish there was truly a way to describe this place to you. Words can only cheapen it. I wish I could bring everyone that reads this here, I wish I could show you what I see, and get you to feel what I feel. In the end, it has less to do about Bethel itself and more to do about the God of Bethel.

Monday, June 14, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Everyone Needs A Bethel"