Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun."


More important than knowing that there is a season for everything is knowing what season it is. Just as there are signs in nature that tells us what seasons we are ending and new season are beginning. We know that when the leaves begin to change color and begin to fall to the ground that Fall is upon us. When the the blooms begin to open and the grass begins to grow you know that Spring is here. There are signs in our life, that if we pay attention we can tell when seasons are beginning and ending in our own life as well.

I have never seen a tree try to fight the seasons and keep it's leaves green through the winter. If it did, then it would not be able to survive the harsh cold. If nature does not fight the seasons, I wonder why we do? Why do we struggle when one season is over and another is beginning? Are we that much of creatures of comfort? Do we hate change that much? If you want to stay in the last season that you have been in, then you will miss what God has for you in the new season. You will miss the new growth, or you may not survive the cold of the winter you are going to walk through. The more you fight seasons the more you are fighting against God trying to create you into who He has called you to be.

For my life I believe spiritually I am entering into a new season. I believe that God is desiring to speak new and fresh things into my life. It is my responsibility to know and understand the seasons that come and it is my responsibility to respond to it.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Seasons"

  1. cholloway57 says:

    Pastor Eric,

    I know in my heart that this is my season to give God my all. Through all of my tears and fears he was still waiting for me. I have learned that with all of the material possesions that I have, I have nothing if I don't have God. Going into this new season is not easy, but I am going to be faithful and let God lead me! I will not lean to my own understanding but I will look to the hills which cometh my help.

    What A Loving God We Serve......