Get some rest


This post is a little personal for me. Usually when I feel a funk creeping to my life I can trace it back to needing to rest. Going weeks and weeks without having a Sabbath. It will affect your spiritual, emotional, and even physical health if you let it. If you are not careful you begin to believe that the world will not continue to go around if you rest, that things can not function without you.

Perry Noble said something at Unleash this past year that has stuck with me. "A man that will not work is lazy, but a man that will not rest is disobedient. " We are commanded by God to honor the Sabbath, to rest. To remind us that He is the one that makes the world go around, not us. I believe that He wires us to struggle if we do not pull back and refuel our lives.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Fighting The Funk"