One of the words that I struggle with in my vocabulary is the word no. I would love to be able to tell you that I struggle with this word because I just have such a HUGE heart for people or I am just such a servant. I do like helping people and doing things for people, but the root of why I struggle telling people no is because of my insecurities. Because I am such an insecure person, I find my security in people needing me. My motives are not what they should be and that means I have an agenda I am trying to push.


Saying yes to everything means that I do not have the time to do everything and something gets neglected. Usually it is the most important things in life that I neglect the most. Something being urgent does not make it important. Saying yes to everything usually mean we say no to what God is asking us to do. If you are so busy doing everything for everyone else it means that you have no time to do what God has called you to do.

Saying no does not mean you do not love the person asking, it simply means you know that you are called to do. It means you understand what things are important and would rather do a few things with excellence than do a lot things mediocre. Saying yes to everything does not make you important, it makes you tired.

The quicker that you quit struggle with the word no, quit struggling with your insecurities, you realize that the world does not depend on you to run. The sooner you find your security in God the sooner you can help people find their security in Him.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Things I Hate Saying - No"