For so long in my life I have said that failure is not an option. I am convinced that not only is that statement unrealistic, but it is unhealthy. A lot of times I have found that fearing failure is more of a pride issue that any other issue. Failure is something that I have feared and often try my hardest to avoid.


Failure is somethings that a lot times can not be avoided. No one is always right. Everyone has a bad day every once in a while. No one is perfect, so logic tells us that you will fail at some point. To push yourself not to fail, you are putting unhealthy expectations on your life and you are setting yourself up for a crash.

Most of the time I want work so hard to prove to people that I am not a failure that I will do whatever it takes to succeed. I get so focused on what I am working on that I loose sight on everyone and everything else around me. I start using people like they are objects and my priorities are really out of place. By the time I regain my proper perspective I have done hurt whoever is in my path.

Failure builds character. Failure is healthy. Failure makes me stronger. Failure is something that I can learn from, grow from, and become better from. Failure is not to be feared, it is to be studied. Failure is not something that is pretty but it is something that is necessary. A person is not always measure by how they handle victories but how they handle failure. Everyone falls at some point, but not everyone gets back up. GET BACK UP.

Monday, August 24, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Things I Hate Saying - I Failed"