So this was the longest stretch of me not blogging since starting challenging normal almost a year ago.  We have a lot go on in the last couple of weeks and a lot more left to go.  I am going to try my hardest to catch you up.  I will also post some pictures from camp and Stone Mountain.  Here are some ramblings:

  • I was a counselor for the first time in ten years at Youth Camp.  My students had a blast and our team won.  I loved watching God transform my students lives.
  • We watched Transformers 2.  Really good movie but some of the humor was inappropriate.  I was a HUGE transformers fan as a kid.
  • I caught a cold the last week of camp and some sort of virus half way through the week.  It was a really rough week.  
  • Got to hang out with camp legend and good friend, Lee "The Big Kahuna" McBride for a couple of day week 3 of camp.  It was good to see him.
  • Friday was Thrive's Stone Mountain Trip and a marathon day for me.  Got in the bed at 4:30 am Friday morning.  Woke up at 7:30 am and left the camp grounds at 8:00 am.  Spent the morning getting ready for the trip.  Students met up at the church at 12 p.m. and then we returned around 12 a.m.  One of the longest days for me EVER.
  • Stone Mountain was awesome!  Got to hang with 60+ students, leaders, and parents.  The laser show was neat and the fireworks were really good.  It made for a long day but a good one.
  • Saturday I finally got a new phone.  I decided on a BlackBerry Storm since Verizon doesn't have the iPhone yet.  Really like it so far.
  • Spent the 4th with friends.  We ate some good food, laughed a lot, saw some awesome fireworks, and really enjoyed the day.
That is all for now, I will catch you up some more later.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Its Been A While"