How much time do we spend trying to go back to the way things used to be? How much energy do we waste chasing after yesterday? How many times do we chase after what we thought was awesome in the past and miss what God has for us in the future? I have learned that the only thing that stays the same is that everything changes.


I am not who I was 5 years ago or even last year. I have even changed from a month ago and possibly even a week ago. We are continually evolving and maturing into who and what God has called us to be. For us to fight change is to fight God. Yes He is the same yesterday, today and forever, but we are constantly changing.

As we are on this journey that we call life, God is using circumstances to mold us and shape us into who He has called us to be. He is using the good times and the bad times to place things in our lives and also take things out that do not belong there.

What would the world be like if we never changed? If nothing ever changed? I imagine that this would be a boring place, a predictable place, and a place where not a lot of things happen. Today I will not spend as much time chasing after the way things used to be and chase after who God called me to be.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Haunted By The Past"