Have you ever had people in your life that you connected to in a special way? Did you think they would be apart of your life forever? Where are they now? There are a few special people that I have connected to through our student ministries that I am totally missing today. I thought a year ago things would never change, but Life happened and things drastically changed. So does this mean I failed as a friend? a person? a minister?

Through my nostalgic morning, God has reminded me of some principles that I had forgotten.
1. Connections require effort on both people. We all have the free-choice to chart our pathway. Does this mean we always make the correct decisions? Nope, we get it wrong sometimes and hurt others. Should we keep trying to get connections with people right? Absolutely, even when its tough and demanding.
2. Connections should be without agenda. Sometimes relationships don't work out for whatever reason. I believe it is okay to remember the past, mourn for the loss, and allow God to point you in the next direction he has for you. This is the hard part . . . . don't give up on new connections because you can't let go of the old ones.
3. Connections are vital to survival. In ministry, we always judge the success of a minister by their fruit, but is it really their fruit? No, it is God's fruit and God's success, not ours. I believe that we have distorted our view of the Kingdom and as such hurting people go unnoticed and seasons disappear. When you lose connections, does that mean that you failed? I believe that God has given us seasons and some connections are lasting, while others are temporary.

So God's question to me this morning is . . . . Were the connections that have been lost worth the heart-ache and the grief? Do those memories and opportunities make a lasting impression on your life? The answer is yes. Even though I grieve for those lost connections, my life has been changed due to the season I shared with them. Yes, every opportunity to invest in others and to connect to something larger than yourself is ALWAYS worth it! It is all a matter of perspective . . . what season are you in? Are there connections you are mourning? I challenge you to look for new connections and investments to be made today.

Monday, June 29, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Missing by Paige Gordon"