Today I honored the 4th commandment.  I do not always get it right, heck I get it wrong more times than I get it right.  Out of all the commandments this is one of the ones I struggle with them most.  I have not killed anyone, I love my parents, I strive to love God with all my heart, and I do not have any golden calf around the house.  The 4th commandments says that we are to honor a sabbath.  Every six days we are to rest.  Why?


Today I rested.  I have almost been bum like.  Today I have not even walked out of my house.  Guess what?  The world is still spinning.  My busyness is not what is keep the world on it's axis.  When I stop the earth and everything else around me does not.  Imagine that.  I am not in control.  I am not the one calling the shots.  We need a sabbath to remember that the world does not revolve around us.

Today I took a sabbath.  I watched TV, I read, and I slept.  Today God reminded me that he created me to be a human being, not a human doing.  Today I put life in park and took a step back.  Everything that I am working on or going through will still be around tomorrow.  When is the last time you took a sabbath?  When is the last time that you rested?

Friday, May 8, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The 4th Commandment"