Spent most of the week in Columbus, GA with friends at the Georgia District Council.  This is one of my favorite week of the year.  I got to spend lots of time with my friends, eat lots of junk, and I actually like the business meetings.  I am about to go to bed and crash for at least 24 hours but before I do I wanted to share some thoughts.

  • I did an inventory of the people that God has placed in my life this week.  I am the luckiest man alive and have the most awesome friends in the world.  They not only love me but they like me.  They are the people that I want to hold my hand in all of the crap of life.  
  • Jim Raley is a preaching machine!  I am so grateful that he heard from God and brought a fresh word for the ministers in our District.  God challenged and stretched me in a HUGE way in the services at night.
  • Got to do breakfast with one of my heroes.  A man that believed in me when no one else did.  He taught me to believe in the underdogs and taught me to dream big.
  • The ordination service is my favorite.  There is something special about the charge that is given to a minister on this night.  If everything goes according to the plan I will be ordained next May.  That is going to be awesome.
  • I needed this week.  I needed the laughs, I needed the services, I needed the down time.  I needed this week.

Thursday, May 7, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Council Thoughts"