If we are going to raise up spiritual giants we are going to have to raise the bar.


It was that thought that captured my soul Thursday night. In Youth Ministry one of hardest questions you ask yourself is if you are being too tough on your students? Are you holding them to too high of standards? Are you asking too much from them? Then I think, the band, sports teams, or schools do not have a hard time holding students to a higher standard, why should the church? I learned several years ago that whenever you choose to raise the bar too, your students will live up or down to it. This generation is not afraid of a challenge. They are not afraid of a cause to fight for, or a cause to live for. They are actually looking for one.

Over the years my expectations have changed. They have honestly gotten bigger. I expect more out of this generation. I believe with all of my heart that this is the generation that will change the world, they are capable of HUGE things. It is my heart to raise up spiritual giants, so I will raise the bar every chance I get. I will not allow students to settle for mediocre. I will try my hardest to show them the way with my life.

Monday, February 9, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "On A Journey - part 2"