It is safe to say that I have seen my share of tough times in the ministry over the last 12 years. There were days that I was sure that I was not going to make it out alive. As 2008 was closing out and we were ready to ring in 2009, I sat in my office and reflected. I not only thought back over the trials of this past year but other battles that we have fought as well.


As I reminisced I realized something. Those wounds that used to hurt me and hold me back have now turned into battle scares. They have prepared me for the next season that I am about to walk into. God has used those battles that we have walked through to makes us what we are today.

When life knocks us down, we have a choice. We can either lay their and let life pass us by. Let the hurts and wounds from your battle keep you on the sideline, or you can get up and start swinging. You can reengage in the fight. Everyone gets hit, everyone gets knocked down from time to time but not everyone gets back up. Used to, I did not know what to do with my wounds. Now I look back at them and I am proud. They are trophies from battles that I have come through. They remind me why I can not quit. I have been through too much to throw in the towel now.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Wounds or Battle Scars"