Well it is 2009.  You have set your resolutions and a lot of us have already broke them.  I am trying something a little new this year.  Instead of resolutions I am setting personal goals.


This year I want to:

Read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation - It has been a couple of years since I have read the Bible through in a year.  I am going to break out my trusty NLT One Year Bible again.  So far so good.

Finish my requirements for ordination - Ordination is a big deal for me personally.  I have 3 classes left and then the testing and interview process.  It is going to be tough and really stressful but if I focus it is attainable this year.  Then I can begin working on a degree in 201o.

Loose 50 pounds and keep it off - Weight has been an issue for my most of my life.  This year I want to do more than just loose weight, I want to get in shape, not just be a shape.  I believe 50 pounds is attainable but will not be easy.

Run a mile - I know that this may sound trivial to some but it would be a milestone to me.  It would mean that I have accomplished somewhat of my last goal.

Read at least a book a month - Reading is something that over the last year I have fallen in love with.  If you would have asked people 10 years ago if Eric Gordon was a reader, they would have laughed at you.  It is now something I not only enjoy but love to do.  It is said when you stop reading and learning is when you start dying.  I want to be a student the rest of my life.

Expand my circle of influence - I might have some of the most awesome friends in the world.  People who not only love me but stick with me through thick and thin.  I want to make more friends, find other people to learn from as well.  I want to step out from my comfort zone and get to know more people.

These are just personal goals, there are not many and they are attainable.  I have set some ministry goals as well that I might share later.

What are your goals or resolutions for 2009?

Sunday, January 4, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "This Year"