There was a trend that went through Youth Ministry a few years ago. Youth Pastors would roll out a casket or tombstones and would talk about legacy. We would ask questions like, "What do you want on your tombstone," or "How do you want to be remembered?" Nothing wrong with those questions. There is nothing wrong with doing those things, but I have just changed the question that I ask.


Instead of how you want to be remembered (future tense) I know ask myself how do I want to be known (present tense). How am I living my every day life? What am I doing to make God known? How am I showing love and treating people? What impact am I making today? We are authors and our every day lives are the pages of our story. I want mine to read something like this.

I want to be known as...

someone who loved God with all his heart and showed it to everyone he met.

a thinker. I know that I am not that smart but I want to be known as someone who put a lot of thought into things and made people think.

a creative person. God is a creative God, if you do not believe me just read Genesis 1.

a leader, someone that not only grabs ahold of the Call but allowed the Call to grab ahold of them. Someone who can not sit still and someone people want to follow.

a friend. I believe the second highest honor in life is to be called a friend.

someone who loves this generation. This is the generation that will change the world, this is the generation I would give my life too.

someone who is passionate. I love what I do and do what I love.

What do you want to be known for?

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Not Just Remembered"

  1. Barbara says:

    I want to be known for being like you. : )