A rubber band has immense elasticity to endure being stretched, holding things together/serving a purpose, and can always return to its original shape. I am undergoing a process in my life much like that of a rubber band. Upon moving to Atlanta, I was not able to find a job in the education field. Thus I returned to my old life of contract work and the stretching began. It has not been an easy process at times and I have really missed teaching school. However, I understand that I have been in a holding pattern---the contracts served the purpose and God helped me to hold it all together. Then this last Friday God blessed me with an amazing teaching position and things have completely fallen into place. My faith is stronger than I thought possible and I am beginning to return to my original shape.

Over the process, I have feared that I would break under the pressure or not learn what my purpose has been in this season. I have often wondered if my authenticity has been altered or if I should alter myself to meet an employer's expectations. Through it all, God has reaffirmed in me that I am evolving into the Paige Gordon he has intended. I am stronger and more seasoned now than I was two months ago.

I anticipate there will be situations and people in my life who will again test my elasticity. It is my prayer that God will continue to challenge me to rise to the occasion and never lose sight of my authenticity. I want to serve my purpose to the best of my ability, but I am learning that being me is the key to life. What is God using to stretch you? Are you resisting him? Do you feel like you are losing your authenticity?

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Rubber Band"