The last couple of weeks I keep asking myself the purpose of this blog.  Somewhere I think I lost perspective of why I started blogging over a year ago.  At some point I guess I was trying to impress someone or get someone's attention.  I thought blogging would put me at some special level of ministry.  It became more about how many hits a day my blog got instead of just being who I was and doing what I do.


I started blogging to be real.  To have a place to share my thoughts, to chronicle my journey through life and ministry.  My blog was a sort of online journal.  A place for me to be transparent and real.

That being said, I am going to work harder at just being me.  If you read this blog on a regular basis I want to say thank you.  Thank you for taking this journey with me.  Thank you for letting me share my thoughts, ministry, and life with you.  Thank you for challenging  normal with me.   Thank you for letting me be real and transparent, but most of all thank you for letting me do what no one else can do.  Be me.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Reality Check"

  1. Jeremiah Stingl says:

    You're great Pastor Eric. I love reading the REAL you. Thanks for being honest. This is inspiring to us all.