The encourager - someone who always has kind things to say. Someone who will always lift your spirits no matter what. It might be with a phone call, text message, email, notes, or a smile. They have this natural instinct of knowing when you need encouragement the most.

The fan - that person that is always cheering you on no matter what. Everyone needs someone rooting for them even when you are behind in the game.

The one who is not impressed - these are the people in my life that I call when I need someone to bounce an idea off of. They are not scared to tell me that my idea is stupid or needs some improvement. They are the ones that are not scared to speak into the blind spots of your life.

The voice of wisdom - someone that has been here and done this. Someone that has taken the bumps of life so maybe you would not have to. This is not always the loudest voice in your life and you have to go and seek it out. You might even be surprised where you find it.

A Paul - a mentor, someone that God has linked you with to pour into your life. Someone to mentor you, train you, love on you, stretch you and mold you. Everyone needs a Paul in their life no matter how old or young you are.

A Timothy - someone you can pour into to. You need to be a Paul in someone else's life. Do not horde all that has been given to you. Do not be afraid to give it to someone else. You might not have all the answers but you do have something to give.

The doubter - the one that tells me I can not do it. There is something about doubters that I love. Why? Because it kicks my intensity level up. It pushes me to try even harder, work even longer, and dig in even deeper. Everytime someone tells me that I can not do something, it makes me believe that we can do it more than ever.

The true friend - that person that is always in your life. It does not matter how long it's been since you have seen them or talked to them, you can pick up right where you left off. It is that person that you can always count on to be there for you no matter what.

A lot of my friendships and relationship blend into two or three of these categories but I need them all in my life so I can move forward and accomplish what God has called me to do.

Who are the people you need in your life?

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "9 People I Need In My Life"