I’m a person helper.

(People pleaser) 

I like to do what I can to make others happy.  Get them coffee, drive them to their girlfriends house, make them dinner. Acts of Service: It’s my love language. I’m also words of affirmation. It works out for both when they tell me “thank you”.
 
(if they tell me “thank you”)

I like to be there for people. I enjoy being counted on, while not counted out. Being useful, while not being used. Being trusted, while not trusting (I’m working on that one. I like to listen more than speak)

(How must God feel?)

So many times I count on Him for my ‘needs’, but count Him out of my daily decisions. My faith shows its usefulness in my valley times, but ends up being taken for granted when I’m up on my mountain. He gives me the free will to trust completely in his unfailing love, but in my desperation, I trust in my own understandings (idiot)

Lately I’ve been learning the art of balancing people’s reliance on me. While also learning the art of complete reliance on Him. It’s a good feeling.


Monday, October 6, 2008 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Guest Blogger: Stephanie Graves"

  1. Joseph and Stacie says:

    Good stuff, Steph. Really.