We’ve all heard “friends don’t let friends _____”. Drive drunk, pop their collars, hold hands… 


The Bible calls us to be true friends who love deeply (Rom 12).  But what is a true friend? Someone who weeps when you weep, laughs when you laugh, listens when you vent? These are all certainly traits of a true friend, but when I dig deeper than my 2nd grade Sunday school class (sorry Mrs. Bonnie), I begin to wonder what this should look like in my day-to-day.


What if I practiced “playing second fiddle”, letting my friends have the spotlight? What if I didn’t try to top a joke that my sister tells or wear a dress slightly prettier than my friend’s? What if I listened more than I speak and encouraged my friends more than I complain along with them? What if I prayed for others more than I pray for my own needs? What if I truly grasped a selfless mindset and servant’s heart? How different would my attitude and actions be?


…I’d probably have more friends… and Mrs. Bonnie would be proud.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Guest Blogger: Stacie Graves"

  1. Stephanie says:

    Thats really true....I think Mrs. Bonnie would be very proud. (plus, you'll never top my jokes)