It's my turn to be transparent in my blog tonight. I would be lying if I said today was easy or what I expected. It was our last day at Providence Church. I did not realize until today how much of my life I have invested in Echo Student Ministries. I just hit me all at once tonight. God has ordered all of our steps and he still has big things for Albany, we just won't be here to see them.

There were many kind words spoken today, eloquent prayers prayed, and lots of tears shed. As I sit here, reflecting on the last three years at Echo Student Ministries, I realize that we have made impressions on many students and their families. There were many students and some adults in our last service tonight. Many of which we had not seen in a while, yet the memories still linger of our time together.

Our legacy here cannot be measured by how large our ministry was or how many cd's we put out or even what activities we have done. Rather, our ministry has built "big people" instead of "big ministry." No matter where our students go or what they do, we will always be there for them and we will rest in knowing that we left thumbprints in their lives.

Closing one chapter and opening a new chapter is by far the most difficult part of ministry for me. I have a hard time saying goodbye and I get tunnel vision when it comes to keeping in touch (which I hope to improve on). When you love deep, you hurt deep. This is hard for me to do, but the students at Echo Student Ministries will always have a piece of my heart. They are just so awesome, it was impossible not to love them deeply. So say a prayer for us as we begin to open the new chapter of our lives at Stockbridge Assembly. God has big things for us as well and we are ready now.

---Paige

Sunday, September 21, 2008 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The End of the Chapter"