Watch where you are going!


It is no secret to anyone who knows me that I am very accident prone. I can be very clumsy. I have fallen through the floor while preaching, I have tripped walking up the stairs walking up to the platform to open a service, and have even come close to loosing my pants while speaking. All of that said, last Friday I did something that even surprised me. While running, I ran into a parked car. Yes, you read that right. I was moving, the car was not, and I hit it. I am okay, thanks for asking.

As I was on my morning run I was pushing through a tough section of it and had my head down. I was trying to concentrate on my breathing and pacing. I was only looking at the sidewalk and thinking about the next 3-5 steps I was taking. Before I knew it I hit a little car that was parked in a driveway that was blocking the path. Who does that anyway? PULL UP IN YOUR DRIVEWAY PEOPLE!!!! No, it is not their fault, it is mine. I should have been paying closer attention to what was coming.

Same goes for us in life. We get so focus on what it happening right in front of us that we are not looking much further ahead. We do not see how some of the decisions that we are making will have a negative impact of our future and the future of those around us. If we are not careful, when we look up we will hit a car.

In the journey of life we need to watch where we are going. See what is coming on the path ahead. Know if we need to take a detour around something or we have a clear path to keep moving. Sometimes you have to drop your head a push through a moment but before you do look ahead and make sure the path is clear.

Monday, October 24, 2011 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Lessons From Running 1"