Today I began training for my first 5K. Yes, I want to run 3.1 miles at the end of March. No, aliens have not sucked out my brains. I just think it will be cool. I think for someone who has be overweight most of their life, it will be an accomplishment. Last year at this time I weighed over 350 pounds. 105 pounds later I think I am ready for this. Ready to be in better shape. Ready to live life to the fullest. No excuses. Leave everything on the table. Go big or go home baby. This journey is no longer about weight loss, it is about sheer determination. It is about willpower and mind over matter.


This morning I walked for 5 minutes for a warm up. Then jogged for 1 minute and walked for 90 seconds. I did this for 20 minutes. I then walked the last 20 minutes at 4.3 mph pace. I walked/jogged 3.15 in 45 minutes. I am excited to see where this journey takes me. I have not stepped on the scales since the Holidays, I am going to wait a couple of weeks for that :-)

Monday, January 3, 2011 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Couch To 5K Week 1 Day 1"