Over the last couple of months I have seemed to be listening to more podcast than ever. Not only more podcast but a wider variety of speakers from a lot of backgrounds. One thing that I have noticed is that I have not agreed with everything that has been said. Some I have just stopped and deleted and some I have just kept on listening to. So I began to start asking myself if I was wrong to keep listening? There was a part of me that thought if I did not agree with some of what they said that I should not listen to any of what they had to say. I was compromising. I wrestled with this for over a month.


Then one day I remembered one a very wise man once told me.....

On the essentials there must be unity
One the non-essentials there must be liberty
And in everything there must be love.

Essentials - Jesus was born of a virgin. He was the one and only son of God. He lived a perfect life on earth. He died on the cross. He rose from the grave. He ascending into Heaven. There is no other way to God except through Him.

Non-essentials - We must be baptized to make it to heaven. You have to speak in tongues to be saved. The tribulation is going to happen after the rapture.

Love - What good is it if we do not at least love even the people we disagree with?

What doesn't bend breaks. I am not compromising what I believe, I just choose not to disqualify a teacher when they say something I do not believe in. As long are we agree on the essentials.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "What Doesn't Bend Breaks"