There are a couple phrases that popped into conversations all around the church world a couple of years ago.


To love without an agenda

To serve without motive

This week I could not shake these two thoughts. On one side they are awesome statements. They are relevant and non-threatening. They make people feel safe. They release us from having to preach the Gospel. I am not sure I believe in these statements. I do not believe that I can live them out.

I can not love without an agenda. I have an agenda. His name is Jesus. I love because He loves me. My agenda is His love.

I can not serve without motive. My motive is to reflect Jesus.

If our lives have been impacted and changed through a relationship with Jesus then we all have an agenda, we all have motive. Jesus provoked changed. He challenged the status quo. He was confrontational and rarely trendy.

Love with His agenda

Serve with Him as your motive

Saturday, August 14, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Is It Possible"