The first part of this year I made a decision. I was tired of being fat. I could make 732 excuses why I was over weight but it really did not matter. I knew that I had to do something about it. It has been a tough journey but a fun one. I come to the realization that I could not be who God has fully God called me to be at the weight I was. There are some things that I have learned on this journey....


If you do not like yourself fat, you are not going to like yourself thinner. Self image does have a lot to do with outward appearance as much as it does with inward peace.

There is a price to pay. I paid a price for eating what I wanted to, when I wanted to. I knew that if I wanted to loose it, I would have to pay a price. Eating right and exercise have been the biggest piece of the puzzle.

You are the only one who can do it. People can tell you, encourage you, and even shame you into it, but until you decided you really want to it does not matter.

You have to ask for help. There has to be people in your life to help you stay accountable.

Do not quit. The weight seemed to fall off in the first couple of month but it has slowed down and become tougher.

I still have about 30-35 pounds left to go. I am feeling a lot better. This has not been an easy journey but one that I am glad I took.

Monday, August 9, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "80 Pounds Later"