Most of learned the ten commandments in Sunday School or we have read them hanging on a wall somewhere. We view them as a list of rules that God gave Moses several thousand of years ago for us to live by. This morning while I was reading in Exodus I read them a little bit differently. I did not read them as rules but as guidelines. I read them as a list of things that will help us have a better relationship with God and with the people around us.


Instead of viewing them as rules, why can't we view them as boundaries. If we view them as rules then we view God as someone sitting in heaven waiting for us to break one of them so He can punish us. If we view them as boundaries then we serve a God that loves us and wants a relationship with us.

We read the Ten Commandments but we fail to read the verse that is in the chapter before them....

Exodus 19:5, "Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession."

Monday, August 23, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "10 Commandments"