Dear Son/Daughter,



I know that it seems strange me writing you and you have not even gotten here yet. You're not even conceived yet. I know that you are going to be one special child because we are having to wait a very long time for you to get here. Some people think that we do not want to have you because we have to tell them that you have not made it yet. That is not the case at all. We are very ready and anxious for you to be here. Other's mean well when they say you will come in God's timing, but that does not take away the pain of your absence. I have even questioned my ability to be a good Dad to you and that is why you have not arrived, but I know that is not the case at all. I know that everything rest in God's hands and I just need to trust Him. It gets real tough at times. Days like today are hard, but it will make it all the more special when you get here.

I have all the plans in my head for you and pray for you everyday. I can not wait to see your first steps and hear your first words. I am tired of well-meaning people telling me my world will change when you come.... I know that it will. I am ready for it to change. I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has a special plan for you and I am very excited to watch Him develop that in you over time. I have to warn you, this world can be a scary place. You have to know that I will always protect you and no one will ever harm you.

You have a lot of family waiting on you as well. Lots of Grandparents that are ready to spoil you rotten. Tons of Aunts and Uncles that just want to love on you. Our family is really really big. I will sit down and explain to you one day who everyone is and why they do not all have the same last name and look different from each other. But I promise you that they have all been praying for you to. You are going to change a lot of people's lives and be loved by so many.

Today is one day closer to the day I get to be with you. I really do find comfort in that. Even though time seems to be standing still now, you will come in due time. Then I will not be able to slow time down. Kind of ironic really. Know that I love you so much and I have not even met you yet.



With All My Heart,



Dad

Sunday, June 20, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Letter From My Heart"