Over the last week or so I have felt myself slip into a little funk. My attitude has been off a little bit. Not really sure what has brought it on But I do know that there are a couple of things that I can do to help myself get out of it. This week I want to share just some thought on how to fight the funk that can come in a attack out attitudes, outlooks, and perspectives.

Remember its not about me
Most of the time when I feel a funk coming on, I can do an inventory of the heart and find some selfishness buried under some things. I begin to develop my own agenda and when it is not completed I get upset and hurt. I would dare to say that 9 times out of 10 a bad attitude can be traced to selfishness. I did not get what I want so my life is miserable and therefor I am going to make everyone that is around me miserable as well.

We have to consistently fight to keep the thought that life is not about me in the fore fronts of our mind and spirit. The best way to fight selfishness is to do something for someone else. The greatest way to fight a bad attitude is serve. One of the best ways that I know of to fight a funk that creeps into your life is not make sure that your life is not your own and not about you.

Monday, April 19, 2010 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Fighting The Funk"