New Year's Resolutions is not a bandwagon thing for me. It is somethings that I enjoy doing every year. I believe by setting goals for myself and then looking back throughout the year helps me stay focused. In 2009 I met all my goals except one. This year I have broken them down into categories of physical, spiritual, emotional, and education. I know that it sounds crazy but I believe that it is the best way for me to become who God called me to be in 2010.


Physical
I would not only like to loose weight but I would like to be in better shape. I am no dummy, I realize the older I get the more my weight becomes a time bombe for me. How will I do this? I have to learn how to change my eating habits and patterns. I HAVE to go to the gym 3-4 times a week EVERY week. This is something that I have to quit talking about and start being passionate about.

Spiritual
Read through a yearly devotion with Scripture reading intertwine. I would also like to complete five youversion.com Bible reading plans. I love this website, I can read at my own pace, journal, and track my progress. I would like to take one personal prayer and fasting retreat. I did this several years ago and really loved it.

Emotional
I know this is a crazy category but for me rest is more about emotional health than spiritual health. I would like to take two weeks of vacation this year. One week travel somewhere like we normally do, but one week have a "staycation." Get things done around the house and rest at home. I would like for Paige and I to have at least two weekend get-a-ways as well.
I am going to try to cut back on my "one-sided relationships" (as a friend put it) this year as well.

Education
Begin college. I would like to pursue a Bachelor's degree. I am currently researching several university that will allow me to do it online. I would also like to read 20 books this year. That is about a book every six weeks.

These are just a couple of my goals for 2010, what are some of yours?

Thursday, December 31, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "New Year's Resolutions"