365

Around this time of year a lot of people start reflected and looking forward all at the same time. Some people are ready for 2009 to get out of here with promises of a better 2010 and others are hoping for the same results in the new years as they have seen in the former. I believe that we it is healthy to look back during these time of seasons. The best way to learn where you are going is to see where you have been. Learn from your mistakes and be energized by your victories. Look at the valleys you have walked through and know that you can do it again if it is necessary and breath in the mountain tops again and be refreshed.


Here are some of the highlights of 2009 for me:

Played Broomball for the first time and scored a goal

Got to see Dawn, Paul, Derek, and the rest of the team from Southport England's Master's

Commission. Former students of RSM pursuing God's call on their life. So proud of them.

It snowed on my birthday. What a present!

Played flag football in Centennial Park in the snow on Spring Break.

Got my heart broken time and time again, only to see God put the pieces back together.

Hosted Rockstar night in Thrive and saw 100's of students playing Guitar Hero and worshipping.

Hung out with my awesome friends for a couple of days in Columbus at District Council.

My best friend had my first book published.

Got an awesome prank pulled on me by Sally and the boy's team at the Amazing Race.

Was reminded time and time again how awesome my Pastor and his family are.

Friends became family.

Saw a record number of students from all over Georgia come and let God rock their lives at camp.

Learned that life is full of seasons. Nature does not fight the seasons, and I should not either.

Spent 10 days in Bogota Colombia. Will never be the same!

Enjoy multiple Braves games in Turner Field. Glad I am living this close.

Celebrated 10 years with the most awesome, beautiful, hottest wife in the world.

Finished my third and final year of GSOM (Georgia School of Ministry).

Watched as God opened door after door in the schools.

Got to speak to the Henry County football team at a prayer breakfast on multiple occasions.

Spent a week in Pigeon Forge, TN with Paige on vacation. Reading and resting.

Watched 35 students fast for 24 hours, seek God with all their hearts, and serve like true Disciples.

Road through the Mountains of Georgia and North Caroline with my Dad, Brad, and Chris.

Hung out with my PK's (pastor's kids) and others from all Georgia at Stone Mountain.

Was blown away by a Church Family that has such a heart for their community that they would
serve at a Harvest Festival in the soaking rain.

Watched 35 Pastors, Youth Pastors, and Leaders ride a bike from Atlanta to Alabama. Would have rode back but Hurricane Ida came through.

Preached for a friend in South Georgia and watched God called and challenge students.

Loved spending the Holidays with my family.

Watched as Thrive Students pulled off their biggest event yet. 125 students at the Blizzard'09 and 18 giving their live to Christ.

Passed my Ordination test and interview.

Continue to be amazed at God's hand and favor that is on my life.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "365"