I do not like to be around students all the time.


My heart and passion is this generation. There is nothing I love more that seeing God work in student's lives and to watch them respond with passionate worship. Even though that is the highlight of my life, there are times I really do not want to be around students. If I am honest with myself and with you, there are times that I do not want to be around anyone.

The truth of the matter is we could all use a break some of the time. No matter who you are, you have to rest. The thought concept that you can rest when you are dead will get you to your destination sooner than later. On the seventh day, God chose to step away from His passion (creation) and rest. We are no better than God is and if we think that then we need to really check ourselves.

It is usually in the time away that I get my best ideas and can hear from God clearer. Rest refreshes us and allows God to use us. When we stop and take a break, it shows us that the world will run without us. That God is in control. That He does not need us, yet He chooses to use us.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 Posted in | | 1 Comments »

One Responses to "Confessions Of A Youth Pastor 2"

  1. Barbara says:

    so far, you've nailed me, two for two.

    Great series.