I find my security in other people.


Insecurity is an issue in my life. I do not know where it comes from or really at times how to deal with it. I like to be liked. I want to be wanted. I believe that everyone deep down deals with this issue on some level, but I seem to on a daily basis. I let what other people think about me affect how I act and what I say. The need to be accepted becomes greater than the need to be who God created me to be.

I find my security in life is when I am more concerned of how I look in front of people than how I look in front of God. I find myself performing instead of living and enjoying the applause of man instead of intimacy in my relationship with God. Life is unstable and unbalanced when I fear the judgment of man more than the judgment of God.

We are created to serve man and please God, not the other way around. Man's approval does not carry over into eternity. Man's approval does not save anyone. When my security is in man then I am living an unsecured life. When it matters what others think about me, it takes me away from who God called me to be and do what He has called me to do. It places my focus on me and other people's opinions of me instead of it being on Him and the people around me going to Hell.

Monday, September 7, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Confessions Of A Youth Pastor 1"