This week a hero of mine and a giant of the faith slipped into eternity. It made me begin evaluating some things in my life. It made me look at my heroes. Here are a few of my heroes:

  • It is the student who has been dealt a rough hand but refuses to let her excuses define her life.
  • It is the Youth Pastor that will do whatever it takes to reach this generation. That cares more about building big students instead of big ministry.
  • It is the Children's Pastor that is committed to her call no matter the pulls of all the other aspects of her life.
  • It is the man of integrity that teaches by his actions and not by his words.
  • It is the mentor that is not impressed with me and speaks into the blind spots in my life.
  • It is the young lady that refuses to believe what all the doubters said about her and became who God created her to be.
  • It is the Pastor who jumps every hurdle and fights every stereotype to beat the odds. He is not afraid to be himself and not afraid to come down out of the pulpit and do life with you.
My heroes do not wear capes or masks. My heroes are affected by life just as you and I are. My heroes are the people that are sometimes missed but the world would not run without them.

Thursday, August 13, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "I Have Heroes"