Lately I have been aggravated and frustrated a lot because things keep breaking around me. Lightning struck our house and took out our garage door opener, dishwasher, wii, television, and MY TRUCK. Yes you read this right it took out my truck as well. Then my computer crashed while we were in Bogota, Colombia. To make matters worse, my phone, that I had only had for 6 weeks, messed up this weekend. It seems like everything I touch breaks. I hate broken things, they are no good for me. They aggravate me and waste my time. The really bad part of everything that has messed up over the last four weeks is that I could not fix anything that was broken.


This all got me thinking this afternoon. I am so glad God sees things differently than I do (not only for this reason but for many others). I am grateful that God not only finds beauty in broken things but He chooses to use them as well. Actually, I believe that He finds more value in lives that are broken. When we find our lives broken is when we find our dependency on God higher.

One of my favorite things to watch is God taking the broken pieces of broken lives and making something beautiful out of it. When God fixes, He fixes the way He wanted it to start with. If something is broken, it makes more sense to let the creator have His way with it. I am grateful that God does not get aggravated with broken things, but He uses them.

Monday, August 10, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Broken Things"