We took a break from our busy schedule and came down to Adel to visit my family for a little while. Today I spent some time with my dad and a couple of old family friends. Men that I grew up admiring and respecting. People that have really spoke into my life and had a huge influence on my growing up. I can look back on a lot of things and remember many valueable life lessons that are priceless to me now.

While sitting in my Dad's man cave this afternoon I heard one of them say that he was a wealth of knowledge. He went on to say that when he died that we would be coming to dig him up to ask him questions. He was kidding of course, but it got me to thinking. How much information is buried in cemeteries around the world? How many people have died with what they know still in them?

You and I have a choice. We choice every day whether or not to take the information and knowledge that we have and invest it in other people. To pass it along. A grave yard should never be the riches place on the earth. We should intentionally be finding people to pour into and invest our legacy in.

When you die, will people be coming to dig you up to ask you questions? Or will they know. An insecure person keeps knowledge to themselves for fear that they will not be wanted or needed anymore. A person that cares more about others, that lives selflessly, is finding anyway they can to pass along what they know.

Friday, July 10, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "A Wealth Of Knowledge"