The other day I looked over on my arm and there was this huge bruise. I do not have a clue where it came from or how long it had been there. My mind went to racing, trying to figure out where it came from or how it got there. It was a deep bruise and it hurt. Still to this day, I do not have a clue where it came from.


This made me start thinking. How many of us have had our soul bruised and we really do not know why? How many of us have gotten hurt and really do not have a good explanation of what happened? Too many times we do not notice the injury until after it happens. Too many people carry around bruises on their soul and they do not let them heal properly.

I have found that people in ministry that are hurt (emotionally or spiritually) can not really help anyone. They can comfort and cover, but not help. You have to help yourself first. That sounds really selfish but it is true. Today, look around your life for bruises. What needs some time to heal?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Where Did That Bruise Come From"