This week was fast and slow. Friday is my favorite day of the week once it gets here. The Camp Champs have been crowned, the voices have been lost, the party has been thrown, and the packing has began. In less than three hours this place will be a ghost town. In less than three hours everyone will be on the road.


This week will hold a lot of memories. One that will always be special is Thursday morning I watched one of the most awesome young ladies step into her destiny. Stephanie pulled off from Camp to catch a flight to report for her Convoy of Hope internship. I have to be honest, I cried. Not that I was sad or will never see her again. I was proud and happy. This young lady IS changing the world and I am so glad that I get to cheer her on.

Fridays are bitter sweet days. We have to clean, we have to rest but we really do not want this week to be over. So, we will take a couple of days and plug back into reality and charge out batteries and do it all again on Monday.

Friday, June 19, 2009 Posted in | | 3 Comments »

One Responses to "Day 4 - Send Offs, Relays, and Champions"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Eric, I must have experienced at least 30 of those Friday mornings at the end of camp myself, and not once do I remember it feeling as romantic as you make it sound here. Just kidding. I would never give away the love for God and others that camp helped instill in my heart. Camp always has a way of peeling back all the layers and allowing God to get to the core of your being. Bible College, Seminary, Sunday School, Sermons, etcetera have their place in our spiritual growth. Nevertheless, camp brings a knowledge of God that only camp can deliver. I was always grieved by those parents who did little to encourage their kids to go to camp. The biggest complaint and excuse was the food. Yet they wanted it to be dirt cheap at the same time. I have seen the difference in the lives of those who went and the lives of those who did not. Camp is a blast. Yet it also allows a student to push himself or herself both spiritually and physically to the next level. What ages are there next week? Thanks for your hard work there, ....Chris Newbern

  1. Eric says:

    Newbern, I agree there is nothing like camp. The next two weeks are "all youth camp"(middle & high). What week are students from your church coming?

  1. Anonymous says:

    Unfornutely neither. Our YP is part time, so he can't go. Maybe he will be able to next year, as my goal is to make him full-time before then.