Day 2 is behind us.  It feels like we have already been here for two weeks.  Not in a bad way.  Actually in a good way.  We are making the most of every opportunity that we have.  Yesterday I was reminded of why I love camp.  I love camp not for camp but for the people at camp.  The workers, who we have watched grown up and grown into Godly young men and ladies.  We have become closer of the years and some closer than family.  The counselors that chose to give up a week of their life to see students lives changed.  Some Youth Pastors, some parents, some volunteers, but all united for one cause. Then last but not least, the students.  The ones we are here for.  Love to watch what God does not only in the service, but all over the property.  I love to see their lives transformed.  This is the generation that WILL change the world.


It is kind of like the old Toby Keith song, "I Love This Bar."  I know that is not very spiritual but that is the best way I can describe it. We have all kinds of people from all kinds of places.  They have come to this patch of property in Forsyth, GA for one cause.  They unite for one purpose.  To see God and to see Him change lives.  Through this experience friendships and bonds have been made that will last a lifetime.  I love camp!  But I love the people at camp more.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Day 2 - I Love These People"