Trying something a little different this year. I am going to try to record camp on my blog. This might only last a couple of days. It will either get old or I will run out of time. These are the weeks that I live for every Summer and I just wanted to share a little with you.


Monday might have been one of the smoothest Mondays in camp history. That could mean Tuesday is going to be a disaster but we will see. I love watching students roll in, some camp veterans that look forward to it every year and some rookies with fear and wonder in their eyes. See camp is really about two things. Seeing God move in such a way that only He gets the glory and watching students have an encounter with Him that will change their lives forever.

The best part of yesterday was last night. Last night I watched as God invaded a place and met with hungry students that would not be satisfied with anything else. I watched as the atmosphere shifted and expectancies changed. Last night I got to pray with one of my hero's daughters. He has been my best friend for 12 years and last night was his daughters first night at Youth Camp. He has poured some much into me over the years and last night I got to make a small return.

Afterwards I got to watch and cheer on two people that I love in the journey of their life. Watching God move them and mold them. Challenge them and stretch them. I love late nights at camp. This is going to be an awesome week.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Day 1 - Things Legends Are Made From"