#3 People living below their call


If you have not figured out by now,  this generation is my passion.  Something that is extremely special to me is to see students chasing after the call that is on their life.  I am not necessarily talking about pursing vocational (full time pastoral ministry), I am talking about living a life of purpose.  Having a knowledge of right and wrong and choosing right.

It breaks my heart to see people living more out of excuses that on purpose.  They have a 100 reasons why they did not do it or can not do it.  Living out of excuse is not living where God has called you.  I have learned that when people are living below their call they tend to push people that are away.  They want to surround themselves with people that will not challenge them, will not push them, and will let them settle.

There is nothing sadder and more weighing on me than to watch someone I love settle.  You do not have to settle.  One of the hardest things in life is letting the call that God has placed on you dictate to your life and you quit dictating to it.

I am not saying that I am perfect, I am not saying that I do not have seasons in my life that I do not throw my hands up and sit down, BUT YOU HAVE TO GET BACK UP!  You have to allow God to help you pull yourself up and PURSUE life again.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "What Ticks Me Off - part 3"