There is this scripture that keeps running through my mind this morning as I am starting my day.

1 Corinthians 9:26, "Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air."

I can not shake that last part. "I do not fight like a man beating the air?" Paul was saying that he fights with a purpose. That he gets up every day and puts on his spiritual boxing gloves for a reason. It is amazing to me how many times in the New Testament our walk with Jesus is paralleled to a fight. I do not think this is a mistake or an accident. I think it is because that is what it is going to be and that is what it is.

Years ago, I had a saying in our Student Ministry. "This war is not for the popular, but for the passionate." Meaning that everyone is not going to like it or survive it. You need to understand that what you fight might be a little more important that how you fight.

I am reminded this morning I am fighting for.....
  • A relationship with God that grows and evolves on a daily basis. I fight to hear God speak to me and then cherish what I hear.
  • A marriage to the most awesome wife in the world. We have been married for almost 10 years and it has been the best of my life.
  • The most awesome students in the world. Students that are chasing after the Call that is on their life. Students that refuse to settle with the status quo.
  • Family and friends that love me no matter what. God has placed some of the most awesome people in my life to encourage me and help me along this journey. I refuse to just sit idly by and not stand with them in their battle.
  • A Pastor and his family that I know are making an impact in church and in the community. A man that I would charge Hell with and has become one of my closest friends.
Do you fight? Why do you fight? Have you given up this morning? Thrown in the towel? Get up! Keep fighting! The bell has not rang yet, it is not over! Lets go!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "It Is Going To Be A Fight"