"The measure of insanity is the gap between who you think you are and who you really are." This is a quote that I have been chewing on for a couple weeks. It is the gap that has me worried. It is the gap that has me doing some self-evaluating.


How wide is that gap in my relationship with God, with my family, with friends? Sometimes we refuse to look in a mirror because deep down we know what is going to be looking back at us. Refusing to take a personal inventory is like refusing to look at a mirror when you walk by it. You know what it looks like but are too embarrassed or ashamed to look at it.

We live in a dangerous place when we detach expectation from reality. When we expect one thing and in reality we are no where close to it. We are fighting a loosing battle when we are living on assumptions.

Monday, May 11, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "The Gap"