There is something that I read several months ago that is still eating away at me. A Pastor asked the question on his blog, he asked did we want to be found or formed? Why do we do what we do? Why do we allow the things in our lives that we allow? Is it to let God get the glory and mold and shape us into what He has created and called us to be or is it for the spotlight? Is it more important to do His will or to push our agenda?


Here are somethings that I am wrestling with:

Do I prefer the accolades of man over the voice of God? - Would I prefer to hear the applause of man over the very words of my Lord? Would I rather hear, "You are awesome, you did a great job, everyone loves you" or "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Do I fear the judgment of man over the judgment of God? - Do I care more about what I look like in the mirror than what I look like in the eyes of God? It is a tough decision between what people think about us and what God thinks about us.

Do I prefer a platform over a towel? - What is more appealing to me, being in front of the crowds or serving the individuals? Will I pass 10 opportunities to serve just to stand in the spotlight for 2 minutes?

This is something that I wrestle with on a daily basis. This is something that I get wrong on a daily basis. I am so grateful for a God that is full of grace and mercy and loves me in spite of my shortcomings.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Found or Formed"