Weebles wobble but they do not fall down. There are times we just feel like life's punching bag. After what I have walked through in the last month, I am tired of getting punched in the face. My life has felt like a weeble wobble. You know those things that you can knock around and they bounce back up.


Sometimes I just want to stay down. If I stay down, I do not have fight anymore. If I stay down, I will not get hurt anymore. If I stay down, people can not talk about me. If I stay down, life would be so much easier. But there is an issue with staying down. If I stay down, I am not doing what God has called me to do. If I stay down, I am not being who God called me to be.

There is a portion of Ephesians 6 that just grips me today. "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to STAND your ground, and after you have done everything, to STAND. STAND firm then....." When you have done everything....STAND.

Today, I will stand when I do not feel like fighting anymore. Today, I will stand because I know that He is standing with me. Today, I will stand because when I am standing, He is fighting. Today, I know that it is a choice and I will choose to stand. Weebles Wooble but they do not fall down. Today, I hope you can sing the song that I have been singing this morning:

So what can I say
What can I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One that gave it all

So I'll stand
My soul Lord to You surrender
All I am is Yours

Friday, April 10, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Weebles Wobble"