Well, as of today I have lived for 31 years.  Wow, I can honestly say that it just hit me.  I am 31.  I know that age is just a number, but for some strange reason I could never fathom me being in my 30's.  I do not know what is going to happen when I hit my 40's and 50's.  I just wanted to take some time this week and share some thoughts I have accumulated over the last 31 years.

  • I need to spend less time worrying about what others think about me and letting others dictate my life.  I need to spend more time being who God created me to be and doing what He called me to do.
  • The older I get, the fewer people I trust.  I have not figured out why I make other people pay for the hurts and pains inflicted on me by other people. 
  • I am so grateful to God for the family that He has placed me with.  He could have placed me anywhere in time with any family and He chose mine.
  • People who do not have friends are people who are miserable.  God has given me some of the greatest friends in the world.  
  • There are very few regrets in my life.  I learned at an early age about the power of choice and the ability to understand the outcomes.
  • If we can change this generation, then we will change the world.  I want to work with students for a long time.  Being a Youth Pastor is more than a job, it is my life.
  • I am tired of being fat.  It is easy on your end just to tell me to watch what I eat and exercise.  It is not that easy sometimes.
  • I want to make a difference in the world.  There are days where I feel extremely insignificant and inadequate.  There are days where I feel extremely overwhelmed.  But there are those rare days where I sit back and enjoy my life.
  • Leadership is caught more than taught.  I have learned more by watching great leaders than in any book I have ever read.
  • It is better to act and not react to situations in life.
  • There is never enough time in the day, so you should do what you can, while you can, as long as you can.

Sunday, March 1, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "31 Thoughts part 1"