"Are we humans or are we dancers? My sign is vital, my hands are cold and I'm on my knees looking for the answer. Are we humans or are we dancers?" These are lyrics from the Killers' current release of "Human."

As I listened to this song on the radio this morning on the way to work, it hit me like a ton of bricks. How many days do we dance to the music of our culture and just go with the flow? How many opportunities to stand out and be unique have I missed because I was too busy dancing to chords of life? This song has stirred some deep emotions in me that I am currently sifting through.

There have been several new things in my life that have created additional joy, stress, and responsibility as of lately. I started a new job, which requires a lot of commitment to the process, my sister moved away, which has left me a little hurt, and we are launching a totally new facet of our ministry, which is amazing and stressful. Life is just really complicated some days. I realized today that I am just dancing. The music of life has been drowning out that soft whisper from God that keeps me focused, on the right path, and my attitude in check.

As I have pondered on these issues that I have been burying beneath busy-ness, I have started digging deep back to my core. Your core is simply the root of who you are and what gives balance to all the appendages of your life. Being human has a new definition for me, starting today! Now being human means that I am not perfect, but I am unique and created for a specific purpose. My life is in vain if I simply exist, my mission is to be passionate about life and thrive to the best of my ability.

Are you a human or are you a dancer?

Monday, February 2, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "Are we humans or are we dancers?"