This year has been full of ups and downs like no other. God has used many things, experiences, and people to stretch and grow me. As I have sat and reflected over the past couple of days on what 2008 held, I wanted to share some highlights with you.


Took my first prayer retreat.

Turned 30.

Got a MacBook.

Visited the Martin Luther King Dream Center with two of my favorite people in the world.

Spent three of the best weeks of my life at camp, again!

Became a Licensed Minister with the Assemblies of God.

Set a list of life goals.

Got a new motorcycle.

Went on rides to the Georgia Coast and the Mountains.

Said good bye to people that I loved.

Took a risk and made a move to follow the call that is on my life.

Stood in awe of the power, provision, and timing of my God.

Making new friends everyday.

Watched students, that I am proud of, follow after God and chase their call.

Gotten my heart broken several times.

Enjoyed the view from the mountain top many days.

Forgave when I did not think I could.

Read more books than I have in all the years of my life before this one.

Experienced The Blizzard with over 100 students in the house.

Saw several students lives changed and watched as they changed my life as well.

Tried very hard to embrace every moment, make every memory and love at all times.

Was stretched and grew more than any other year in recent memory.

How was your 2008? What are you looking forward to in 2009?

Friday, January 2, 2009 Posted in | | 0 Comments »

One Responses to "What A Year"